Click here to download IZAITE's presentation in PDF
Izaite is a business association from the Basque Country (Northern Spain) whose remit is to foster sustainability and social responsibility.
It was set up in 2004 for the purpose of operating in the Basque business sector to drive not only economic growth but also the major development of advanced social and environmental policies, catering for the legitimate interests of corporate stakeholders.
The Association is made up of large industrial corporations in the Basque Country with international operations, along with SMEs, foundations and public agencies, although the main focus involves the private sector and large corporations headquartered in the Basque Country. To become a member of the Izaite Association each candidate organisation is required to present a road-map for its commitment to social responsibility, particularly as regards environmental matters.
The Association provides its member organisations with a forum for dialogue and sharing. Furthermore, priority is given each year to projects designed to facilitate the implementation of social responsibility in companies, raise awareness among senior management and promote the dissemination of best practices.
- Provide a forum of dialogue for learning and sharing experiences on responsible practices and initiatives, and boosting Business Sustainability
- Contribute from the perspective of private business initiative to Business Excellence, Social Progress and Sustainable Development
- Coordinate on an ongoing basis with the Basque Strategy for Sustainable Development and the Strategy for Excellence in Management, with the business world providing support for public initiatives
- All with a global approach aligned with international projects in this field
- To be acknowledged as a benchmark association in the advancement of sustainable development
- Consistency in approach, and credibility
- Diversity encompassing different types of organisations
- Sharing work, information and responsibilities
- Accessibility to major data (transparency)
- Setting an example locally
- Knock-on effect
- Sharing experiences in matters of sustainable development
- Furthering training and disclosure in matters of sustainable development
- Organising events related to sustainable development
- Forging alliances, undertaking projects and collaborating with the public administrations, the educational sector and the business community in the field of sustainable development
- Issuing publications related to sustainable development
- Nurture the public recognition of leading businesses in the management of this field
- Discuss, analyse and formulate recommendations regarding the rules and regulations governing sustainable development
To contact Izaite, please write to: email@example.com